Acute phase proteins (APPs) are blood proteins that are an integral part of acute phase responses (APR). The APR is a part of the innate host defense system which is triggered by tissue damage and inflammation caused by infectious, immunologic, or neoplastic agents. Of the well-characterized APPs, C-reactive protein (CRP) and serum amyloid A (SAA) show significantly elevated levels after inflammatory irritation, surgical trauma, or inflammatory diseases, and are used as routine markers to evaluate inflammation in many diseases. (1-9)
Anti-Acute Phase Protein Antibodies
|Product||Catalog #||Price (USD)|
|Mouse Anti-Canine CRP IgG Monoclonal Antibody, Clone 4D3C1||7110||199.00|
|Mouse Anti-Feline SAA IgG Monoclonal Antibody, Clone 8C6C10||7111||199.00|
1. J. G. Conner, P. D. Eckersall, J. Ferguson, T. A. Douglas, Acute phase response in the dog following surgical trauma. Res Vet Sci 45, 107-110 (1988).
2. M. Nakamura , M. Takahashi, K. Ohno, A. Koshino, K. Nakashima, et al., C-reactive protein concentration in dogs with various diseases. J Vet Med Sci 70, 127-131 (2008).
3. S. Yamamoto, S. Miyabi, N. Abe, K. Otabe, E. Furukawa, et al., Canine C-reactive protein (CRP) does not share common antigenicity with human CRP. Vet Res Commun 17, 259-266 (1993).
4. M. Kjelgaard-Hansen, A. L. Jensen, G. A. Houser, L. R. Jessen, A. T. Kristensen, Use of serum C-reactive protein as an early marker of inflammatory activity in canine type II immune-mediated polyarthritis: case report. Acta Vet Scand 48, 9 (2006).
5. A. Hillström, J. Bylin, R. Hagman, K. Björhall, H. Tvedten, et al., Measurement of serum C-reactive protein concentration for discriminating between suppurative arthritis and osteoarthritis in dogs. BMC Vet Res 12, 240 (2016).
6. R. D. Ye, L. Sun, Emerging functions of serum amyloid A in inflammation. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. 98, 923–929 (2015).
7. K. Sasaki et al., Evaluation of feline serum amyloid A (SAA) as an inflammatory marker. J. Vet. Med. Sci. 65, 545–548 (2003).
8. T. Tamamoto, K. Ohno, A. Ohmi, Y. Goto-Koshino, H. Tsujimoto, Verification of measurement of the feline serum amyloid A (SAA) concentration by human SAA turbidimetric immunoassay and its clinical application. J. Vet. Med. Sci. 70, 1247–1252 (2008).
9. T. Tamamoto et al., Serum amyloid A as a prognostic marker in cats with various diseases. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation. 25, 428–432 (2013).